Rangers FC no longer for sale

Anyone know what the longest thread is Gersnet history? or longest lasting? I feel this thread almost deserves to have any big news either way as opposed to a new one starting... But you will be afraid to check this afternoon by the time it reaches page 70... who knows what is in store?!

Sorry chaps, should have added to my last post yesterday a question that I was told to ask myself.

After all the allegations and bandwidth used up as to done deals, nearly done deals, crossing the T's and dotting the I's, price agreed happening yesterday etc etc....does anyone actually believe that Ellis's team would issue a statement via the SE, that was a blatant lie, because if all of what we have heard previously about "done deals" was in fact true, the SE statement would be untrue.

To what end, and why put yourself in line for all that ensues the publishing of false statements, simple answer to that.

Anyone know what the longest thread is Gersnet history? or longest lasting? I feel this thread almost deserves to have any big news either way as opposed to a new one starting... But you will be afraid to check this afternoon by the time it reaches page 70... who knows what is in store?!

It will take a bit of doing to reach 70 pages by this afternoon, but I guess that depends how many threads u show on a page.

Can't see any news happening today on the Ellis front.

Takeover news - The Ellis deal is done

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ellis deal is done - this has been confirmed by someone very much in the know, I wanted to name my source but after discussions admin, they will verify

Ellis will also take over as the new chairman and be very much hands on

He is part of a consortium which involves people who most definitely have the cash, believe me

Certain things I can't stick up on this board and won't share via PM either, but I don't think we will have to wait long at all

(The reason I wanted to name my source is because some things lately have not came true, Adam's clause etc - now I want folk to realise I only post what I know, none of it is made up. I am passing on what I know and no one is more disappointed when stuff doesn't add up, people are free to feel as sceptical as they want)

Cheers guys

Stevie

I needed to remind myself where this all stemmed from.

It's been a very busy week with little opportunity to do anything other than occasionally dip in and out - I'm assuming now there is a general agreement that these "done deal" reports were simple invention by some original source and that no deal has been done at all. And that the stock market announcement was a response to speculation rather than a reason for it?

It is accepted that we are in fact in exactly the same place as we were before this thread started and that the done deal perpetrators were not after all bearers of real information?

I needed to remind myself where this all stemmed from.

It's been a very busy week with little opportunity to do anything other than occasionally dip in and out - I'm assuming now there is a general agreement that these "done deal" reports were simple invention by some original source and that no deal has been done at all. And that the stock market announcement was a response to speculation rather than a reason for it?

It is accepted that we are in fact in exactly the same place as we were before this thread started and that the done deal perpetrators were not after all bearers of real information?

I thought there were two or three people claiming the deal was effectively done, from at least two different sources. Allegedly.

I thought there were two or three people claiming the deal was effectively done, from at least two different sources. Allegedly.

Effectively .... that definitely looks like an insurance policy so we can probably take that as meaning they haven't a scooby. And two different sources just looks like uncertainty.

Anyway, 60 pages is bunch to wade through but, apart from attention seeking, I can't remember much being said to support a done deal that was anywhere on the realistic side of factual. Maybe I missed it. I was just trying to see whether anything real had recently developed amongst the chaffe.

I did notice a small group of migrant visitors who reappeared on the tailwind of the SE announcement to make a flurry of posts before flying off again when closer inspection showed they might have misjudged their landing. Amusing as hell.

No, there's been nothing factual or official released. What's changed? Those that claim the deal is "done" are sticking to their guns. And those who have been against Ellis from the start still seem to be against him.

The only thing that has dried up over the last few weeks appear to be the negative Ellis stories which seemed to be coming from the King camp.

I wonder if it will all come out in the wash as to why certain posters, forums and prominent people from supporters groups have been aligned so strongly to certain viewpoints? Its funny seeing people trying to take the moral high ground while rubbishing what other people are claiming, when both sides are trading in rumours and info from sources.

No, there's been nothing factual or official released. What's changed? Those that claim the deal is "done" are sticking to their guns. And those who have been against Ellis from the start still seem to be against him.

The only thing that has dried up over the last few weeks appear to be the negative Ellis stories which seemed to be coming from the King camp.

I wonder if it will all come out in the wash as to why certain posters, forums and prominent people from supporters groups have been aligned so strongly to certain viewpoints? Its funny seeing people trying to take the moral high ground while rubbishing what other people are claiming, when both sides are trading in rumours and info from sources.

I can see how people can be positive or negative about a deal being done to remove or diminish Murray's role and I can see being positive or negative about the done-deal mongers. But I can see no justification for being positive or negative about Eills himself.

We know almost nothing about the man and we certainly know nothing about his intentions for the club or how he will fund and run it. I can see reason for caution in this respect but unfortunately nothing else seems possible so far.