I've said before that Mark Dingwall is the RST's biggest strength and biggest weakness. He helped build the membership and gave the Trust some much needed exposure. However he is also seen as a divisive character, whether fairly or unfairly, both on-line and off-line and his significant presence has stopped people joining and also driven people away. The RST was also too closely linked with FF. He has worked very hard for the Trust, devoting many days and nights to it, and could be a very effective board member but he had built his power base within the board that prevented others from contributing on certain matters, for example he was the RST's rep with the Assembly, the RFWG, the RFFF etc, and there were very few meetings with the club that he did not attend. He was also heavily involved in the split in the Trust 5 years ago which led to the mass resignations. He and I have had a couple of run-ins but I don't think that there are any hard feelings on either side. We all have to move on and as such I certainly wish him all the best for the future.

I think now is a good time for him to bow out,given the RST's hope to again concentrate on the share ownership side of things, something that been lacking for a while, and it will hopefully mean that the RST can move on and continue to improve and grow, which can only be benefical for the Trust and hopefully the club.

Frankie, for obvious reasons I haven't been able to post for the last couple of days. Willhelm has already posted on RM - now for the rest of the poisonous clique. So who are they going to go after next? Gordon D? Me? Who knows?
Nail on head mate. I can think of a fair few other adjectives as well.

who would give rm hassle?

getting rid of ahmed for free was a work of genius whoever is responsible.

It was an 'open' secret on RM, among a select few posters, that his RM accounts were from someone deeply involved. It was only a matter of time before someone joined the dots. I accused him of being Charles after his first few posts. His reply was that I'm 'clueless'.

In true RM fashion, he had made well in excess of 100 posts, some with sensitive information, before the penny started to drop.

Every user registered on a forum can change their email address at any time after their initial registration, so it's entirely possible that Ahmad changed the 'IamRangers' account's email address to imran.ahmad@rangers.co.uk or something along those lines so that he could receive notifications

Not necessarily barca. If he was indeed daft enough to use imran.ahmad@rangers.co.uk or a similar official Rangers address with his name in it, then it would be pretty damn obvious at both ends who the user was.

RM had a lot of hassle and received a lot of stick from certain quarters over that whole episode, but in reality everything really did point to someone within the club purposely leaking the information about Ahmad's activities.

Ahmad certainly never denied the activities (as far as we know), so it's a stone that's probably best left unturned now that it's behind us and Ahmad is gone.

That was the point of highlighting the address was that it was highly improbable that IA would create an email address that would point directly to him. It would surely have been a little bit more subtle than that ( if indeed he did use the old unused account ). If the email reached Rangers server then it could be retrieved by several methods other than IA's computer. The point is that RM were more or less cleared and that left a culprit at the Rangers end to worry about. I had let it go until FS made the statement of fact yesterday, and I wanted to know if he knew for sure. We've had enough speculation. Until we know that it was IA then the leak could still be there, dormant.

That was the point of highlighting the address was that it was highly improbable that IA would create an email address that would point directly to him. It would surely have been a little bit more subtle than that

Unless of course it was all part of the exit strategy. Funny how it came soon after the release of the Whyte recordings and coincided with his pal Green going out of his way to make his own position untenable.

That was the point of highlighting the address was that it was highly improbable that IA would create an email address that would point directly to him. It would surely have been a little bit more subtle than that ( if indeed he did use the old unused account ). If the email reached Rangers server then it could be retrieved by several methods other than IA's computer. The point is that RM were more or less cleared and that left a culprit at the Rangers end to worry about. I had let it go until FS made the statement of fact yesterday, and I wanted to know if he knew for sure. We've had enough speculation. Until we know that it was IA then the leak could still be there, dormant.

Ahmad made absolutely no attempt to clear his name from those accusations and the fact that he was forced to leave the club suggests that he was caught red handed with no way out or plausible deniability. You say it was highly improbable that he would create an email address that would point directly to himself, but we simply don't know how improbable that was. What we do know is that it's normally regarded as improbable that a senior Rangers executive would be on a public Rangers forum revealing sensitive Club and boardroom information, but it would appear as though that's exactly what he was doing.

The forum account had revealed info that only someone like Ahmad, Stockbridge or another senior person at the club would know, so given that the person posting was also defending and talking-up Green, then it really had to be Ahmad. If it wasn't Ahmad doing it or he had somehow been stitched-up, then you'd expect him to have at least attempted to clear his name, but he didn't.

Then there's also the fact that after he left he was passing sensitive information about the Club's commercial contracts to crazy bloggers and wizards FFS!!! :lol:

Forgot to click the reply with quote butto Zappa.

Pure speculation and by association false accusation until proved. After IA left was it not speculated that MM leaked stuff to the media? What is not speculation is that FS made a statement of fact and has not corroborated it yet.