When Ferguson made his intro under Walter from 96 onwards (aged 18), he played 12 games till Walter went in 98. When Walter came back, Ferguson racked up another 89 games before moving south (2 years later).

What Rangers have been lacking since McCoist has been appointed is a leader on the park. For all his imposing figure, McCulloch is not outspoken enough or able to change things out there, nor is the vice-captain. All managers before him, including Advocaat, had such people. And much more quality at their disposal too. IMHO, this season's was the first real McCoist team, and even that was hampered by severe financial limits - compared to previous managers. He'll have to have his work cut out for the next campaign and we'll see whether he and his players can rise to the challenges.

Your point about McCulloch (and even more so Wallace) is quite correct.

I watched him very closely from the rail at Forres in the cup last season when we were struggling badly against a village team and he had no words of inspiration for his men. He is as likely to argue with a referee as he is to restrain Mohsni, although that is certainly a good thing. He is not the kind of leader we need on the park.

I don't know about this lad Telfer and bow to those who have seen him in the U-20's.

Ness might have been that player or McCabe, perhaps even Hutton.

McLeod looks like the best chance of a young Rangers captain for me; but first of all Ally will have to let go of Jig and I don't see that happening any time soon.

When Ferguson made his intro under Walter from 96 onwards (aged 18), he played 12 games till Walter went in 98. When Walter came back, Ferguson racked up another 89 games before moving south (2 years later).

Walter did not use Barry in any serious fashion in his first stint. If you disagree then why does Barry say that Advocaat saved his career as he was going nowhere under Walter? How many time WS used him in his second stint is completely irrelevant to the debate as by then Advocaat had nurtured the young Barry into an experienced first team regular.

Walter did not use Barry in any serious fashion in his first stint. If you disagree then why does Barry say that Advocaat saved his career as he was going nowhere under Walter? How many time WS used him in his second stint is completely irrelevant to the debate as by then Advocaat had nurtured the young Barry into an experienced first team regular.

We were crying out for Barry to play more during that 10 in a row season. I think he could have made a real difference during that season.

We were crying out for Barry to play more during that 10 in a row season. I think he could have made a real difference during that season.

Yes and letting Gascoigne leave before the end of the season. A half fit Gazza would have got us over the line.

Edited by Gribz

Inside The SPFL ‏@AgentScotland 1h

Kenny Miller will sign 2 year contract with Rangers, £6k p/w with 50% increase on Promotion, the deal also features bonus heavy incentives.

bad move IMHO.....we are honestly expecting a 36-yr old player to be our main striker in the SPFL (all going according to plan).

We could probably get 2 younger, promising strikers for that kind of cash....

Kenny Miller will sign 2 year contract with Rangers, £6k p/w with 50% increase on Promotion, the deal also features bonus heavy incentives.

please not be true!

Rubbish... :)

I understand he is not official but what is so unrealistic about it Frankie?

For one thing, I don't think we'd be as daft as to offer him a deal along those lines and, more importantly, I've been told by three different people that if Miller does indeed sign (which seems inevitable) he'll be on a nominal wage at his request.