On a side note - flying back from Dubai - I was on the same flight as Fleck and James McCarthy - James McCarthy was up in first class with his mates swaggering about like he was some superstar, where as Fleck was further back the bloody plane than me.

Mate he's from same place as me - Castlemilk. And he's now on £70k a week, he IS a superstar now like it or not.

Take his allegiances away as that can sway judgement but as a footballer, the boy is tremendous. His brother is married to my mates sister, my mate tells of the time Liewell phoned him and told him to see out his contract at Hamilton and then he could move to Ra Sellik. He wanted money for Hamilton though.

We should be buying high and selling low? I don't think it's personally worth discussing that, do you?

If you could see through your issues with the poster you would see the point that he is trying to make.

He is saying that if we were buying high and selling low that the probability is that it is because we have sufficient financing to do so - i.e. what we had before Whyte. The point he is making is that if we were in the position to buy high and sell low then it would be because we are better off financially than we are now.

However, I am not in agreement because it was that whole mentality which put us in the position we are in now. We should be at least attempting to self-sustain, and that will require us, at times, to buy low (or youth product) and sell high. Whether we like it or not we are a selling club.

If we could make a profit on our players our financial situation would be something we wouldn't have to worry about (though there are other factors at play such as maintaining success to ensure ST's are purchased etc).

Where I take issue is that we seem to be discussing us or Dundee Utd as if it can only be one OR the other. The reality is that we should be producing quality youth products that can be bled into the team at the same time as buying experience, quality pro's who will improve said youth product (example, Davie Weir & Danny Wilson... Davie Weir was a God-send to that lads career). We CAN, and SHOULD, be doing BOTH.

Bring back the fitba :(

Just because you have money does not make it alright to lose it or throw it away.

And nobody is saying that. You are failing to grasp that calscot is trying to make the point that it is better to be in that position to do so.... not that you should then do it !

Mate he's from same place as me - Castlemilk. And he's now on £70k a week, he IS a superstar now like it or not.

Take his allegiances away as that can sway judgement but as a footballer, the boy is tremendous. His brother is married to my mates sister, my mate tells of the time Liewell phoned him and told him to see out his contract at Hamilton and then he could move to Ra Sellik. He wanted money for Hamilton though.

Fair point mate, the boy is a top top player, what I was trying to show how far Fleck has fallen compared to another young "Scottish" prospect.

The likes of Stokes, Griffiths and Commons will be choking to get a hold of our lot next year. Going to be messy.

Nothing to fear there. Stokes and Griffiths are distinctly average. I also doubt Commons can replicate last seasons form.

I'd be more worried about coming up against Miller and Boyd :D

Nothing to fear there. Stokes and Griffiths are distinctly average. I also doubt Commons can replicate last seasons form.

I'd be more worried about coming up against Miller and Boyd :D

Can't agree with that at all, time will tell i guess.