Well who's next

Wotte is another nonentity who would do absolutely nothing for our current squad.

Ffs, the guy couldn't even impress the diddies at the SFA.

Having a foreign name did nothing for Scottish football. This guy is another waste of money.

I see your points but unfortunately the demand at Ibrox is immense and we may see another PLG type appointment where we try to play football, change diets off the park but he wont get time. That's not to say PLG would have worked out but the difference is Rangers demand winning, Southampton can afford defeats and are a stepping stone for likes of Koeman and Poch - and while they both play good football they certainly would be involved in decision making off the park.

You are right how Southampton have implemented this throughout their club from U14s to the first team but they went down to league 1 while doing this. If ever we had a chance to do it then it was 2012 and play the youth but now we are back in the top flight being top 2 is a must again and that means winning ugly.

Its still only stage 2 in the recovery and finishing second is the target then getting further income from the Europa league. If the board can get the merchandising side with Ashley sorted between playing Europa league and having further income it will then allow us to buy a better standard of player as we go on. This is where FdB would be good, I think he would mix youth with experience and play well...and Murray Park needs to start producing - it was set up for state of the art yet just hasn't produced bar maybe Alan Hutton who we got a good fee for. Perhaps I'll throw Allan McGregor in as a success also.

It sounds a bit short-termist to me. Of course, the best time was 2012 but we wasted that be being owned/run be wasters. Southampton are just the nearest successful example; they implemented their model when they reached their lowest ebb, and it helped get them back up. There are many teams that have a demand for success that have implemented this model, like Bayern, Ajax and Barcelona; and it's not mutually exclusive with winning. We can get a coach in that can get us winning, but we can also implement a DoF model. To me, it sounds like you want to buy success now and then implement a DoF structure, which sounds counter-intuitive to me. How can we ever expect the youth set-up to work if we don't have the structure in place? Surely, we need to get the structure implemented as soon as possible to give us the best possible chance of success in the long-term?

Even if we get a new manager in that gets us winning, we'll be successful only in the short-term. Eventually he'll leave or get sacked and we'll need to rebuild the squad again. All the while trying to pounce on any Champions League crumbs. I don't believe that is sustainable.

We are some of the most impatient fans in the world but we just need to deal with it; for I believe if we can get the right structure in place we'll be in a much better place long-term so these cyclical crises are mitigated as much as possible. We're already going through a turbulent time, what's a little bit more turbulence?

The problem with turbulence is that it makes people nauseous, and the greater and more prolonged that turbulence, the longer the consequent sick parade.

However, despite the risk, I tend to agree with your prescription, as the days of Chequebook Charlie are over, at least in Scotia. Financial muscle will always be important, critical, even decisive, but the aim must be to use that to progress beyond the traditional hunger and burst, often characterised as the -inevitable- cyclical nature of football. The object must be to smooth out that cycle by establishing a fully professional set up, across the board (kids, coaching, analysis, education, scouting, recruitment, diet, lifestyle, medicine, monitoring and review, etc ), and to reach a standard of consistent excellence, at all levels, and in all departments. That is the groundwork. Beyond, and upon that, you may build your team.

Edited by Uilleam

I see your points but unfortunately the demand at Ibrox is immense and we may see another PLG type appointment where we try to play football, change diets off the park but he wont get time. That's not to say PLG would have worked out but the difference is Rangers demand winning, Southampton can afford defeats and are a stepping stone for likes of Koeman and Poch - and while they both play good football they certainly would be involved in decision making off the park.

You are right how Southampton have implemented this throughout their club from U14s to the first team but they went down to league 1 while doing this. If ever we had a chance to do it then it was 2012 and play the youth but now we are back in the top flight being top 2 is a must again and that means winning ugly.

Its still only stage 2 in the recovery and finishing second is the target then getting further income from the Europa league. If the board can get the merchandising side with Ashley sorted between playing Europa league and having further income it will then allow us to buy a better standard of player as we go on. This is where FdB would be good, I think he would mix youth with experience and play well...and Murray Park needs to start producing - it was set up for state of the art yet just hasn't produced bar maybe Alan Hutton who we got a good fee for. Perhaps I'll throw Allan McGregor in as a success also.

We've always tried to go down that route on the cheap. In the longer run, I do think it's cost-effective but with PLG, as with MW, we've only done it because we have no cash.

You say the demand at Ibrox is immense, but we put up with horrendous football under Eck for long enough, we put up with McCoist for years and Warburton wasn't sacked until we were almost 30 points behind Celtic and 3rd in a 2 team league.

We play in a piss poor league with resources far larger than everyone else bar Celtic. I really don't think this is the difficult position it's made out to be.

If we implement the correct methods and start playing good football again, the results will follow. I don't understand the logic behind 'we must win ugly'.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

On another note, I see Blackburn Rovers sacked Owen Coyle YESTERDAY and have appointed Tony Mowbray TODAY. That's a total of ONE day it took them to appoint a manager. One, uno, ein, un, una.

Today is day 16 since Warbutons agent had a meeting with Robertson to discuss their departure, meaning we have known we need to appoint a new manager for 16 days now, with absolutely no sign of an imminent appointment as our season crumbles around our arse.

We have allowed ourselves to be sidetracked by this garbage about a Director Of Football - WE HAVE NO F**KING MANAGER TO DIRECT!!!

We have another tough game in TWO days time and still no appointment. This is simply not good enough from our board, who seem to take an age to make any decision, be it three months to sack Barton, a week to accept MW's resignation, and now this shambles where they have fannied about talking about another position when the most important position at our (or any) club remains vacant.

Its certainly all gone quiet on the managerial front, for both the expected short term appointment and what we're going to do longer term.

Not necessarily. It just means there are no leaks.

Perhaps new manager isn't available until the summer and Murty will remain in charge

Not necessarily. It just means there are no leaks.

Perhaps new manager isn't available until the summer and Murty will remain in charge

Yes, definitely good about the leaks, but you'd have thought even confirmation about Murty would be the first step in steadying the ship so to speak.