Well who's next

On another note, I see Blackburn Rovers sacked Owen Coyle YESTERDAY and have appointed Tony Mowbray TODAY. That's a total of ONE day it took them to appoint a manager. One, uno, ein, un, una.

Just wait and see how that turns out, though. I think Venkys just pull any old name out the hat -- no wonder they've gone through several managers in the last 3 seasons.

We need to get the DoF in first, if that is the route we're taking. It will take time, as it is an important decision.

On another note, I see Blackburn Rovers sacked Owen Coyle YESTERDAY and have appointed Tony Mowbray TODAY. That's a total of ONE day it took them to appoint a manager. One, uno, ein, un, una.

Today is day 16 since Warbutons agent had a meeting with Robertson to discuss their departure, meaning we have known we need to appoint a new manager for 16 days now, with absolutely no sign of an imminent appointment as our season crumbles around our arse.

We have allowed ourselves to be sidetracked by this garbage about a Director Of Football - WE HAVE NO F**KING MANAGER TO DIRECT!!!

We have another tough game in TWO days time and still no appointment. This is simply not good enough from our board, who seem to take an age to make any decision, be it three months to sack Barton, a week to accept MW's resignation, and now this shambles where they have fannied about talking about another position when the most important position at our (or any) club remains vacant.

If we are having an open process with interviews, rather than tapping one of the usual suspects on the shoulder, then it will take a bit of time.

If the price of speediness is appointing Tony Mowbray, I'd rather they took their time. I'm pretty sure we could have had Billy Davies in place by the monday morning if that is the route we wanted to go down

Just wait and see how that turns out, though. I think Venkys just pull any old name out the hat -- no wonder they've gone through several managers in the last 3 seasons.

We need to get the DoF in first, if that is the route we're taking. It will take time, as it is an important decision.

From a Rovers forum via FF

"I think I know how they pick managers at rovers. They put some really crap names into a hat. Throw that hat away and think of some even worse names. Let the first 10 reject you then settle on the 11th":laugh:

If we are going down the DoF road we have to get someone who has done the "paperwork training" and passed the exams but more importantly has done that and has a really good knowledge of football.

What we don't need is someone who is wet between the ears when it comes to football.

If we are going down the DoF road we have to get someone who has done the "paperwork training" and passed the exams but more importantly has done that and has a really good knowledge of football.

What we don't need is someone who is wet between the ears when it comes to football.

seems the people we're being connected with are scouts first

" Malky Mackay has been installed as the new second favourite to become the next Rangers manager following a dramatic tumble in his odds.

The 45-year-old is behind only Alex McLeish in the betting to replace Mark Warburton, who left in acrimonious circumstances 12 days ago.

Sky Bet price Mackay, who is the performance director of the Scottish Football Association, at 7/2 to take over at Ibrox after he leapfrogged the likes of Graeme Murty, Alan Pardew and Derek McInnes in the last two days. "

http://www.footballinsider247.com/betting-update-new-second-favourite-rangers-manager-job-odds-tumble/

Aye, that'll be feckin' right !

" Malky Mackay has been installed as the new second favourite to become the next Rangers manager following a dramatic tumble in his odds.

The 45-year-old is behind only Alex McLeish in the betting to replace Mark Warburton, who left in acrimonious circumstances 12 days ago.

Sky Bet price Mackay, who is the performance director of the Scottish Football Association, at 7/2 to take over at Ibrox after he leapfrogged the likes of Graeme Murty, Alan Pardew and Derek McInnes in the last two days. "

http://www.footballinsider247.com/betting-update-new-second-favourite-rangers-manager-job-odds-tumble/

Great move!

Such an appointment would help season ticket sales, particularly among women and the gay community, and, given his experience,

help attract investment from the far eastern market.

Great move!

Such an appointment would help season ticket sales, particularly among women and the gay community, and, given his experience,

help attract investment from the far eastern market.

It only takes a few tims to bet on him to make him a favourite. I wouldn't go on the betting odds they are too easy to change.

If it's Mackay I am done. I will go back to just supporting Auchinleck Talbot - probably better than Rangers these days anyway :D