Rangers 2 Hibernian 3 (Morelos, Tavernier).

These picture are astounding - I'm shocked that any referee can come to those conclusions!

However, we need to stop reacting to these wee teams kicking us off the park; it's going to happen. We need to play on it, like European clubs do. I don't mean diving lafferty-esque, but playing on challenges. Reacting gives the ref a decision to make -- invariably against us -- and gets opponents backs up.

Really disappointing the officials spoiled what was set up to be a great contest.

I was stunned when Stokes avoided a red card early on so a bit less surprised he chose to send off one of our players a short time after for a lesser offence. The view from behind the goal may cost Jack a successful appeal but it really is incredible Hibs finished the game with 11 men. Beaton's performance was as bad as I've ever seen.

In terms of the actual game - we started superbly well and could/should have been 2-0 up just before Hibs scored after some poor defending from us. After the red card I then thought Morelos or Miller should have been taken off immediately for Rossiter to ensure we matched Hibs in the middle of the park but instead the manager retained two up front which, IMO, was never going to work. Miller is a fine player but he's not the answer in a midfield role - not now, not ever.

However, the the players' credit we kept going and could easily have sneaked a draw at the end. After a scrappy start, I thought Pena also looked quite bright later on so that's exciting going forward.

I just wish we had another game asap instead of on Saturday. However, I'm very confident the players and the manager will use what happened on Saturday to beat Hearts this weekend and get a proper run of form going.

Edited by Frankie

Yes let's hope that Rangers can get back on track against Hearts. We have shown some promising football. However I wonder if the players can maintain the intensity that Pedro wants for 90 minutes.

Seeing what Stokes did to Tavernier, you do wonder whether the Police would not go after him for assault? Whatever Stokes had in mind there had nothing to do with football.
Stokes has a 2 year good behaviour bond hanging over his head after his conviction for the assault on the Elvis impersonator , Duncan Ferguson anyone

If Stokes get a red for essentially clotheslining Tav then Jack does not get a red later. He should never have been allowed to remain on the pitch. I can see no rhyme nor reason why Tav receives a booking for the initial incident as he didn't lift his hands gesture his head or any other movements that could be interpreted as an offence. He's been booked in that scenario for taking umbrage at the the treatment dished out by Stokes. I'm completely baffled by many of the referee's decisions on Saturday and in my opinion he should never referee another SPFL match based on that display.

Very clear that Stokes has his hand on Jacks throat, and also very clear that the ref is looking straight at the whole incident. Check the ref's viewpoint @ 37 secs in the link above.

From the "side" view it is clearly Stokes' head that is make the movement towards Jack - both heads come together, then Stokes is seen moving forward. It doesn't look like Jack's head moves at all.

From the "rear" view, you can clearly see head movements from Jack, which does looks like a "head-butt" movement.

IMHO, It is very clear that the ref was waiting on an opportunity to take action against a Gers player. Why didn't he step in as soon as Stokes grabbed Jack's neck??? There were several points where the ref COULD have stepped in, but didn't. Only chosing to do so when the Gers player reacted.

Rangers should be (privately) complaining to the Head of Referees alongside any appeal for Ryan Jack...

It's vital John Beaton explains his actions on Saturday if he's to be able to officiate another game of football.

Rangers should be (privately) complaining to the Head of Referees alongside any appeal for Ryan Jack...

It's vital John Beaton explains his actions on Saturday if he's to be able to officiate another game of football.

The thought that Beaton can just sweep this under the carpet and move on is crazy. We all have to be accountable in our jobs, he is no different