[FT] Rangers 0 - 2 Motherwell

Motherwell won fair and square today and it should take nothing from their victory to also acknowledge yet another truly awful display of refereeing incompetence. Is there no one in this country capable of refereeing a match involving Rangers.

I'm not sure you could call this fair Bill.

[tweet]922135402982658048[/tweet]

Edited by Big Jaws

I thought we were the better side; created by far the best chances but couldn't take them - Windass, Morelos, Pena, Candeias all had glorious opportunities.

Alnwick couldn't take the first goal, which was probably a mistake; the rest was blind chance, bouncing around the goal-line. The second goal was quality finishing, but I don't like us losing the aerial battle leading up to it. I prefer 'keeper's to be on the look out for sweeping opportunities, so I don't have a problem with his positioning.

The Referee was a joke: even Moult was bleeding from a head knock and he plays on?! And not booking Alves was bizarre: he was looking straight at it! There should have been several red cards.

I like the Manager's passion; he was rightly incensed at the challenges. I don't think either manager deserved to be sent to the stands. Ultimately he has to take the blame, but it's not his fault. Tactically, I thought, we were spot on.; they barely had a sniff, and we created several chances.

I thought Nemane was the right move, tactically: trying to bring on a natural winger to stretch their back three, but it didn't work; perhaps too young for the occasion too. We had kind of chucked it towards the end, and then bringing on Herrera -- a last ditch move -- meant we could not control the midfield, being outnumbered as we were in midfield. It would have to be 'get it wide to the full-backs and whip it into the box' type of game, but that would've played into Motherwell's hands.

We didn't deserve to lose, but that's football. Unfortunately, we can't keep losing games like this; Pedro will be the one ultimately responsible. It's most certainly NOT a sackable result.

Edited by Rousseau

The referee did us no favours but we still had enough chances to win this and didn't take them. At the end of the day given a choice I would rather lose this than drop points in a league match.

But we have more chance of winning a cup.

Motherwell came for a battle, we came to play a game of football, consequently we were bullied out the game. The referee was culpable of criminal neglect watching a team commit so many blatant assaults on our players, nearly every contact going for an aerial ball Motherwell players were reckless with their elbows but the referee saw very little of obvious intimidation, strange that.

That all being said, again today we flattered to deceive, we looked going forward but the end product and finishing was mince. We got our first corner on 31 minutes, our shots on target were minimal first half, second half we were simply bullied out the game. Motherwell looked if they wanted the win more than us, they harried, fought, elbowed and scrapped for their win, I just wish we could have put up the same sort of fight. Unfortunately to late when we did look up for a fightback we were two nil down and our tackles look like it was petulance rather than any meaningful fightback.

I refuse to praise Motherwell too much as they were dirty today. other than to say they got their win by hook or by crook.

I also didn’t see it unfortunately but from watching back those highlights: looks like Rangers had enough chances to win multiple games and that the referee was keeping on track this season. That was a straight forward red card at the start and the Cardoso one another easy red. Is there some rule that it is acceptable to elbow Rangers players in the face this season? This really does need highlighted by the club.

What chance have we got mate when there are even some on here who won’t accept it’s happening? Plays right into their hands. So much for the “if it happens again” rhetoric we got after Beaton.

Before anyone enlightens me, I am aware it wasn’t a great second half and we missed chances. I will also direct you again to the overseas players disbelief at the assaults they were continually subjected too. There is a collective resignation of the oppositions twelfth man. It’s affecting their desire and motivation.

The majority are from another country. I assure you they will be thinking “we don’t need this corruption” and simply don’t have the vested interest to endure it.