The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

I'm not sure what system Murty wants to play, but we are in desperate need of a number 10 if he is going to persist with 4-2-3-1 or the diamond. If Pena goes we don't have anyone to play that position. In those systems, it's THE most important position on the park. However, it's also the hardest and most expensive one to fill. Maybe we have to wait until the summer to plug that almighty gap.

I'm not sure what system Murty wants to play, but we are in desperate need of a number 10 if he is going to persist with 4-2-3-1 or the diamond. If Pena goes we don't have anyone to play that position. In those systems, it's THE most important position on the park. However, it's also the hardest and most expensive one to fill. Maybe we have to wait until the summer to plug that almighty gap.

Too bad we have such "luck" with injuries. Dorrans might have been a good choice for that spot. Windass perhaps a little too inexperienced. That said, Docherty might be a good option in a "straight" 3-5-2 as well, work-horse that he is.

There's 3 weeks until our next competitive game. Murty has plenty of time to bring a we number 10 in if Pena goes.

As for Sean Goss, it's mental how some are writing him off already. He's not a marquee signing but he'll hopefully do us a turn.

I've seen a few Tims mention our impending doom online recently.

Some of them really need to get a life and stop obsessing about Rangers. Last thing I'd want to do is spend my days reading blogs about a rival team's finances!

Having said that, I don't see us spending any money in January.

I've seen a few Tims mention our impending doom online recently.

Some of them really need to get a life and stop obsessing about Rangers. Last thing I'd want to do is spend my days reading blogs about a rival team's finances!

Having said that, I don't see us spending any money in January.

We are about to spend around £1m on Jamie Murphy if reports are to believed.

Kieran Wright joins from Rangers

4th January 2018 rovers

GOALKEEPER Kieran Wright has joined Albion Rovers on loan until the end of January.

The highly rated youngster will join up with the League One outfit for his first professional loan away from Ibrox.

Wright currently shares the role of Development Squad stopper with Aidan McAdams and the move will allow him first-team experience at a senior level.

Rovers are currently eight in Scotland’s third tier but just five points separate them from Arbroath in the final play-off spot.

The 17-year-old has had one previous loan to Gala Fairydean Rovers last season in the Lowland League. He has trained with the first-team consistently over the past season.

Thanks to Rangers Fc for the article and picture.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/kieran-wright-heads-loan/

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the bulk or even all of the incoming activity this window were loans. Handing significant amounts of cash to an interim manager doesn't make sense.

We have an interim manager who has 6 months , it would be madness to sign a load of players that any new manager didnt fancy , we are a shambles off the park just now imho