New manager rumours

11 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

They have won more games in a row than us since clarke took over than we have all season. Could be wrong but also think he drew with them first game too then beat them. Not sure if there were defeats in between. Clarke will wipe the floor with murty and gerrard tactically, only thing on our side is cash. Absolutely dreadful decision to not bring in clarke but another rookie instead.

Give clarke our resources and he will make a better fist of it than we have.

Seen in paper couple weeks back since he has took over hes only 6 points off celtic and would be second in the league if we had all started then.  5 wins in a trot is more than any other top half team has managed. Something like 29 points from 46. At kilmarnock thats incredible 

Ok buddy, go talk to the board and sort out his appointment as new Rangers manager. If he wins us the title or even narrows the gap I'll be delighted.

I'm checking out until next season when hopefully we are in much better shape.

This is so very tiresome.

Souness had the advantage of the English clubs being banned from Europe so could sign their best players financed by the rat who sold off the family silver to pay for it all. Smith, good man manager that he was benefited from that same advantage. All that happened while the biscuit tin mentality was going on in the other side of the city.

The whole point is, if Gerard, a man with no record in management does not work out, what then ? Booting erses only has a short time effect. Unless there is something to fund the pay off for failures and to pay for replacements the whole experiment goes down.

I wish Gerard well in his future if he comes. I'd damn the board to hell if it doesn't.

I know what my money is on.

10 minutes ago, boabie said:

Souness had the advantage of the English clubs being banned from Europe so could sign their best players financed by the rat who sold off the family silver to pay for it all. Smith, good man manager that he was benefited from that same advantage. All that happened while the biscuit tin mentality was going on in the other side of the city.

The whole point is, if Gerard, a man with no record in management does not work out, what then ? Booting erses only has a short time effect. Unless there is something to fund the pay off for failures and to pay for replacements the whole experiment goes down.

I wish Gerard well in his future if he comes. I'd damn the board to hell if it doesn't.

I know what my money is on.

What did you bet on?

Well, we shall see if this comes to pass but ...

I am no means a ITK poster & normally I'm like the rest of FF relying on threads like this to get information. However on this occasion I can definitely say the information I have is spot on & that on Saturday night the deal was 99% done, however today its 100% now done & Stevie G & Gary Mac are a done deal. Been told that there is gonna be high turnover of players & first two targets are Martin Skrtel & Giovanni Dos Santo. There is going to be significant investment in the squad & its American investment & this probably explains why AJ was brought back onto the Rangers board. The investor is apparently meant to be they guy who owns Liverpool & this may also explain Stevie G becoming the new gaffer.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/the-steven-gerrard-55-express-train.27387/page-176#post-1311202

Edited by der Berliner

Just watched MOTD2, both Ian Wright & Shearer saying Gerrard should jump at the chance to manage Rangers, huge club, and Shearer saying he will be able to attract quality players because of who he is.

Nice to hear unbias comments!

Edited by ian1964