New manager rumours

I will put forward my wife for the job ,she seemed to have more ideas than anyone on our coaching staff had yesterday , I can see the headlines Mrs Compo 72 takes the Ibrox  hot seat 

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

Rangers play in Scotland and it's that enviroment that is relevant to this discussion. What works or doesn't in Germany has regrettably very little relevance to our lot up north.

Let me spell this out for you. In the current circumstances, a laptop type of manager won't work at Ibrox. Taking that further, a laptop manager without any managerial experience taking over the club would be "institutional Failure" part II.

I shouldn't have referred to experienced leadership as being 'old-fashioned', it's simply practical common sense.

You're pigeon-holing, missed my point entirely, seem to think Scotland is some special case, and insulted my intelligence. Great job. 

Again, my point was: we seem to be looking at a top-class, experienced manager, which would cost too much, or a complete unknown, which is perhaps too big a gamble; it's extremes. A middle way, where we look for an assistant who has worked with a top manager, who's looking for their first foray into management, may have provided a 'best of both worlds' scenario. It was hypothetical.

I never called for the appointment of a "laptop manager", but merely disagreed with your perceived pejorative slant. 

Brendan Rodgers is not "old-fashioned", and I think he's doing alright... 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

You're pigeon-holing, missed my point entirely, seem to think Scotland is some special case, and insulted my intelligence. Great job. 

Again, my point was: we seem to be looking at a top-class, experienced manager, which would cost too much, or a complete unknown, which is perhaps too big a gamble; it's extremes. A middle way, where we look for an assistant who has worked with a top manager, who's looking for their first foray into management, may have provided a 'best of both worlds' scenario. It was hypothetical.

I never called for the appointment of a "laptop manager", but merely disagreed with your perceived pejorative slant. 

Brendan Rodgers is not "old-fashioned", and I think he's doing alright... 

Peace brother :whistle:

Let's see what actually happens and then we can resume the discussion.

23 minutes ago, compo said:

I will put forward my wife for the job ,she seemed to have more ideas than anyone on our coaching staff had yesterday , I can see the headlines Mrs Compo 72 takes the Ibrox  hot seat 

You are just daydreaming about getting her bum heated up.:D

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

You're pigeon-holing, missed my point entirely, seem to think Scotland is some special case

I think, to a certain extent Scotland is a "special case" in footballing terms....we simply haven't advanced in comparison to other nations - that is why our teams regularly get beaten by all sorts in Europe.  In general we still cling onto a blood n' guts style of play, where physicality & strength is preferred over skill & talent.

16 minutes ago, Darthter said:

I think, to a certain extent Scotland is a "special case" in footballing terms....we simply haven't advanced in comparison to other nations - that is why our teams regularly get beaten by all sorts in Europe.  In general we still cling onto a blood n' guts style of play, where physicality & strength is preferred over skill & talent.

OK, special in the sense we still cling to that, but not special in the sense that a modern approach won't work (See Them).