Club confirm Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller suspended until further notice

If this is true (and let's face it, it would be stupid to be leaking it if untrue), I'm glad that the club is taking this action against these players.  Regardless of what anyone thinks of the manager, this cannot ever be tolerated.  If there's one thing that can bring a team down, it's lack of trust in the dressing room, and that is instantly the case when leaks occur, or when the manager is disrespected.  I wouldn't care how key a player was, if they don't show appropriate respect to the manager, or if they breach the seal of trust and confidentiality in the dressing room, they should be kicked out instantly.

This is a genuine question and not trying to secondnguess anything, but is it coincidence that the team seems to have performed so poorly since KM and LW came back into the first team from injury?

many moons ago I would of agreed with the notion that the club should discipline players who openly question a managers  tactics and styles. However in this situation I’m struggling with that. Wallace and miller have had to put up with a lot of shit in their time.  They’ve tasted the highs of league & cup wins, European football etc. Then the lows.. Bankruptcy, division 3 football, Poor managers, (mccoist, warburton, caixhinha & Murty) one after the other. In between that, they have watched as we’ve been passed between dodgy boards.    Our current board (who were to lead us into a more positive future) had over 140 app for the job and apparently a stringent interviewing set up to decide who it would be. Instead we chucked that to the side, put all our eggs in one basket and decided to go for mcinnes,   He knocked us back and with a board with no idea what to do next, turned to the youth manager and hoped he get us to limp over the line to 2nd place.  If I was Wallace and miller I would be furious too.

48 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Reference Lee Wallace, Hearts supporters appear quietly confident that he is heading back to Tynecastle this coming close season. A coaching role is involved.

I believe Lee has a year left on his contract, Hearts should make a bid. I am sure the usual suspects in the media will encourage such behaviour?

It's funny you should say this because although I am not aware of his intention to return to Tynecastle, I do know (from a fairly reliable source) that he has committed to a coaching role with Kelty Hearts from next season.  This may be merely an extra curricular activity, but thought I'd mention it, given the rumour you mention here.

2 minutes ago, Dragosani said:

many moons ago I would of agreed with the notion that the club should discipline players who openly question a managers  tactics and styles. However in this situation I’m struggling with that. Wallace and miller have had to put up with a lot of shit in their time.  They’ve tasted the highs of league & cup wins, European football etc. Then the lows.. Bankruptcy, division 3 football, Poor managers, (mccoist, warburton, caixhinha & Murty) one after the other. In between that, they have watched as we’ve been passed between dodgy boards.    Our current board (who were to lead us into a more positive future) had over 140 app for the job and apparently a stringent interviewing set up to decide who it would be. Instead we chucked that to the side, put all our eggs in one basket and decided to go for mcinnes,   He knocked us back and with a board with no idea what to do next, turned to the youth manager and hoped he get us to limp over the line to 2nd place.  If I was Wallace and miller I would be furious too.

I'd be furious too, and I have people in my own management team who are annoyed with me from time to time.  However, there's a level of respect that needs to be shown in the way you deal with your manager.  Equally it is important that the team follows the will of the manager, even if you disagree with it.  If not, the whole team fails.  By all means they should disagree respectfully, and explain their rationale.  If the manager still doesn't agree, you have to follow his direction.  You can disagree, but you must commit to their instructions 100%.  If not, request a transfer and find another club.

The club has suffered too much of this lack of respect over recent years and as I said, regardless of your opinion about a manager, this behaviour cannot be tolerated.

18 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Thread on FF started by Mr Dingwall

A thread that has only appeared today. Have there been other incidents as suggested by TRO?

Would Wallace have been anywhere near the bench on Sunday after being out for so long? Very doubtful. I'm not sure what he gained or didn't gain by this supposed injury.

It just seems very strange that this is all coming out today, if it's not a concerted effort by the club to blacken the name of the (former?) club captain.

7 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

A thread that has only appeared today. Have there been other incidents as suggested by TRO?

Would Wallace have been anywhere near the bench on Sunday after being out for so long? Very doubtful. I'm not sure what he gained or didn't gain by this supposed injury.

It just seems very strange that this is all coming out today, if it's not a concerted effort by the club to blacken the name of the (former?) club captain.

I don't see what the club would gain by doing that?