[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 6pen; Dessers 15) - 1 Servette

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

It seems to me that we will be up against a Swiss brick wall next week so hope our much vaunted forward signings can do the business.

Genk were the better side over the two games but blew it because their defence is poor. The Genk striker Tolu would have been a handful for our defence, as he is a man mountain and dangerous at set pieces. He even scored in his own goal.😁Against Genk it would have been a slogging game, whereas this will be a more patience and build-up game.

Genk's captain was quoted saying that "they already look past Rangers" even before playing Servette. Karma and all that.

These Swiss teams remain dark horses though. You never really know how they will perform on the day.

Edited by der Berliner

I get the concern from some but if we can't get past Servette, with due respect, we shouldn't even be thinking of the UCL.

But then again some of us want to bomb out of qualifying and dop into the UEL so maybe I'm in the wrong 🤷

1 minute ago, yuddie said:

But then again some of us want to bomb out of qualifying and dop into the UEL so maybe I'm in the wrong 🤷

This is my train of thought.

-Get the new guys fully gelled...5-6 games? 

-Focus on the league and win it.

-CL groups right in our lap next season.

I think it is gonna take past the CL Quals for this team to really start firing on all cylinders.

I mean, let's be honest, friendlies or no, they looked disjointed...to put it nicely.

Plus NEXT year all that parachute shtuff goes away.