Wages aside it's just another very poor sign for our future bringing back a near 35 year old striker for a third time

Claudio Caniggia did quite well when we signed him, despite tons of stars in the side. Miller is no Caniggia when it comes to techincal ability, but sure is as fit as him and probably fitter than some first teamers we currently have.

His basic salary at Vancouver:

2012 $1,221,816 Vancouver Whitecaps FC

2013 $1,114,992 Vancouver Whitecaps FC

•The Whitecaps' average (mean) salary is $143,604, just slightly higher than the league-wide average of $141,903.

•With a total base salary expenditure of $4,308,121, the Caps are fourth-highest in the MLS, behind only New York ($10,008,068), Los Angeles ($9,026,930), and Cascadian rival Seattle ($5,363,796).

•Vancouver's Kenny Miller ($1,114,992) earns the seventh-highest salary in MLS. A total of eight MLS players to draw over a million dollars per season, led by LA's Robbie Keane at 4 million per season.

http://www.eightysixforever.com/2013/5/7/4309180/mls-salary-figures-looking-at-the-caps

Small wonder they didn't want to resign him.

Doing some rough fag packet mathematics, that puts him on about 11k a week sterling. Are we now to believe that someone who was once a beneficiary of the green and grey pound, now wants to come play for us for a "nominal" fee? I smell a rat, or at the very least, a dodgy knee or two.

I'd point out that only last August Kenny Miller scored a cracker at Wembley and looked as good as he's ever looked.

I can see where McCoist is coming from on this. McCoist want's promotion from Div 1, pure and simple. Forget about rebuilding, buying for the future or blooding youngsters, McCoist want's promotion no matter what. To be fair on McCoist all Rangers managers are judged on today, on what they achieve just now, not on what might happen 12 months or 24 months from now. If we don't start next season well McCoist is toast, he knows that better than anyone.

So is Miller better than Little because that's basically been the swap. I've not seen him play since the match against England but on that evidence the answer is yes, he is.

Can Kenny Miller lead the line, help the dressing room and score goals in Div 1, again I'd say yes. Even in his twilight years he's good enough for this level.

Could his experience help Nicky Clark's game, again I think so.

Can Miller link with Daly, yes, clearly having a mobile instinct player around will benefit Daly.

I understand why there is dismay at this and also the general unhappiness many have with Ally as manager, however I can't see why this is a 'bad' signing. We're not competing for Europe, we're not chasing Celtic, we're trying to win Div 1. Plus he's free.

I still say even at his age he is a winner and we lack them in the team. Someone with a presence who will give team mates a public rollicking if they are slacking on the park. It is infectious once it gets started. How many downright lazy displays have we had with no leader on the park rollicking anyone?

Could his (Miller) experience help Nicky Clark's game, again I think so.

Whilst I understand the logic behind this and appreciate that to a degree it may be true, I also have another thought to add.

That playing first team football is the best experience you can get.

I also don't get signing a guy who scored a barrowload in the 3rd tier to have him start very few matches in the same division.

What happens is you get a player whose development could stall and come off the tracks.

Yr 1: Score a barrowload with QotS in 3rd tier

Yr2: Join Rangers, limited playing time despite playing in same 3rd tier.

Yr3: Limited playing time as older forwards are brought in / not ready because in part no development the previous year.

Yr4: Goes on loan, recovers goal-scoring form....End of contract,

Well, Wallace and the 'new' board are supposed to be stricter on new contracts and our current financial state suggests we won't be splashing the cash any time soon.

As for his interview, I can only repeat what people have told me and when I say nominal, I mean nominal not £6K per week.

Someone in the Musselbrough area, claiming to be his uncle or his dads best friend was telling folk just last week there was absolutely no way Kenny was ever coming back to Scotland. Lol.

Doing some rough fag packet mathematics, that puts him on about 11k a week sterling. Are we now to believe that someone who was once a beneficiary of the green and grey pound, now wants to come play for us for a "nominal" fee? I smell a rat, or at the very least, a dodgy knee or two.

Bit more say, £13,000 but still half money if what is being reported here is correct.

However , once you start living in the US, you won't be thinking like that you'll be thinking a million US is a million US.

TBH listening to him on the radio, his childrens' education seemed uppermost in his mind but I suspect that money is a close second.

It's all just spend, spend, spend with us we learn nothing from our boardroom shenanigans or our woes on the park the solution is always just spend some more money..........

If we want back to the top division ASAP and back into Europe in the shortest possible timescale then it was always going to be like this. We were never going to make money going up the leagues