Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

The gist of this article is probably correct in that McInnes has been in a meeting with Milne but that bit about convincing him his future is at the sheep pen has to be made up. How in the world could he convince him into a future of a smaller salary and fighting for third place at best with a wage budget a fraction of that at Rangers and a transfer budget a minuscule fraction leaving him dealing almost entirely in league 1 freebies.

Convince him his future is at a club so limited we pick off their players at will as was proven when we took their captain and may even be in the process of picking off others. Or alternatively have a future at a club that will pay him more give him a transfer budget in the multi millions and have realistic prospects of challenging for titles and trophies. The league cup he delivered them in the 2013-14 season was their first silverware in 18 years.

In addition to all that he gets nothing but abuse from their bleating support despite the fact that when he joined them they had just finished 8th in a league that didn't even have Rangers in it and he then produced a series of second place finishes plus that first trophy in 18 years. How could they possibly convince him his future is at such a place when he has already taken them as far as they will ever go and will more than likely not even see that good a spell again while he has this what may be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

There is no comparison and it's beginning to look as if we will have to get used to the idea that he is going to be the new manager one way or another. They will either make a deal to let him go or he will resign and go. So now the sheep will have someone else to bleat/boo at aside from Jack. They come across as the most foul/bitter crowd in the entire poison chalice that is Scottish football.

After their performance on Sunday I sure hope we are NOT looking to pick off any more of their players. McLean, the biggest rumor, was absolute dross on Sunday.

After their performance on Sunday I sure hope we are NOT looking to pick off any more of their players. McLean, the biggest rumor, was absolute dross on Sunday.

Who knows, presumably McLean was a Pedro choice. Might be the case that McInnes who knows him a lot better than Pedro did may think we can get or already have superior options.

Because he's the first player ever to have a bad patch of form isn't he. So he can't possibly be any good at all.

All suggestions are McInnes will be announced today.

Now that it’s obvious to the most stupid sheep on the flock that McInnes want to go to Rangers, there’s no way Milne can defend trying to keep him. It’s now just about being seen to take a hard line with Rangers. It will be a surprise if we aren’t welcoming a new manager today or tomorrow.

There are never any guarantees of success of course but I’m relaxed and happy with this appointment. It will be so good to welcome a new manager who completely understands what Rangers is about.

Now that it’s obvious to the most stupid sheep on the flock that McInnes want to go to Rangers, there’s no way Milne can defend trying to keep him. It’s now just about being seen to take a hard line with Rangers. It will be a surprise if we aren’t welcoming a new manager today or tomorrow.

There are never any guarantees of success of course but I’m relaxed and happy with this appointment. It will be so good to welcome a new manager who completely understands what Rangers is about.

As, of course, does his right hand, left foot man, from a different perspective perhaps.....

Thank god heart surgeons don't dither like our board in the past seven days I have been in hospital had a heart operation and now back home I kept abreast of all matters Rangers a and put on a few posts but I think if we appoint this man it will be the wrong move maybe I will be proved wrong only time will tell there but it will take about a million from or club to compensate Aberdeen money that could be used to strengthen the present squad which has been playing some decent football , only time will tell .

I've not seen enough of Scottish football to have an opinion on any player out with Rangers but you can't write a guy off after one poor performance.

Maybe you've watched him a lot over the season and are able to form an honest and valid opinion of him but to suggest we shouldn't sign him because of Sunday's performance isn't fair.

Edited by Gazza_8