The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

45 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's a social weakness, this current fashion of rushing to forgive, as if it somehow makes us better people to ignore the misdeeds of others. Naismith panicked and treated the club and its fans like so much shit on his shoe. So fuck him and his latter day conversion. Like other fans, I've been through a storm of shit and disappointment these last six years, too much to suddenly open arms to a deserter like Naismith. 

Walter Smith said similar but I don't hear the rush to condem him.

Back in the day there was a fluid and changing situation where economics mixed with politics and spin. Different people with different interests occupied different roles at different times in what was multi-edged ongoing story that makes War & Peace seem like a prologue.

Naismith had his reasons for doing and saying what he did at that point in time.

IMO he was a dammed sight more honest than McCoist, who said the right things but laughed all the way to the bank.

.@BBCSportsound has learned that Steven Naismith will def be leaving @NorwichCityFC to go on loan this month. 2 English clubs have agreed to meet the £10,000 a week of Naismith's salary Norwich are demanding. Naismith said last month a return to @RangersFC would be of interest.

51 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

.@BBCSportsound has learned that Steven Naismith will def be leaving @NorwichCityFC to go on loan this month. 2 English clubs have agreed to meet the £10,000 a week of Naismith's salary Norwich are demanding. Naismith said last month a return to @RangersFC would be of interest.

£10k pw surely rules out anyone in Scotland apart from us and them...

I'm guessing our interest in Naismith will ultimately boil down to any other business done.   For me, he's a replacement in the squad for Miller as I don't see him getting another deal.

7 minutes ago, stewarty said:

£10k pw surely rules out anyone in Scotland apart from us and them...

I'm guessing our interest in Naismith will ultimately boil down to any other business done.   For me, he's a replacement in the squad for Miller as I don't see him getting another deal.

Depends I guess.  Naismith could waive 10k a week of his salary that Norwich are paying to allow him to play for "free" elsewhere.

If he is on, say, 50k a week at Norwich and they want someone to pay them 10k a week, thereby reducing the Norwich outlay to 40k a week.... Naismith could ask them to waive the 10k a week demand from potential suitors and simply pay him 40k a week instead of 50k.  Same net effect to Norwich.

8 hours ago, craig said:

Naismith would be an absolute no-brainer for me.  Better than anything we have even at half the player we sold.  Can play up front and, just as importantly, can play in the "10" role - in his first stint with us his timing of breaking beyond the strikers reminded me of a young Ian Durrant.

Naismith would enhance our first team considerably - I wouldn't even hesitate - couldn't care less what he said back in 2012.

Letting him go to killie without seeing where he is fitness and form wise would seem crazy to me. 

He may well be finished but we should make sure. 

4 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Letting him go to killie without seeing where he is fitness and form wise would seem crazy to me. 

He may well be finished but we should make sure. 

We tried with kranjcar and are still paying for it. Once the legs have gone it is a quick slide down a slippery slope. This, if he is half as good then he is still better is a lot of crap. If he is only half as good as he was then he is finished. He was good but never superman.

istccOJh_bigger.jpg Kenny Macintyre   @bbckennymac     .@BBCSportsound has learned that Steven Naismith will def be leaving @NorwichCityFC to go on loan this month. 2 English clubs have agreed to meet the £10,000 a week of Naismith's salary Norwich are demanding. Naismith said last month a return to @RangersFC would be of interest. 1:21 pm · 8 Jan 2018

Khenny Mac is a bheast, so any Rangers related news from him is likely to be bull. It seems to me to be no coincidence that as soon as getting Naismith cheap is on the cards, Bbc Celtic report that 2 unnamed clubs are willing to pay Norwich's supposed wage demands, and that would rule us out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk