New manager rumours

16 minutes ago, craig said:

He definitely  doesn’t deserve abuse.  He never asked to be thrust into this situation but, for the good of the club, he has done so twice.  He should be commended for stepping up when someone was needed.

He does, however, still deserve criticism where due. 

I don't now if you can say he deserves criticism but we're fully entitled to provide it.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

You can certainly judge his managerial and leadership qualities but I don't think it's either productive or constructive to lay the blame for another failed season on someone who never actually sought the job. As for hurling abuse at Murty, that's contemptible.

I actually agree slightly.

After the McInnes fiasco he was given the job until the end of the season to buy the board time. If we fail to finish second we can all agree that the gamble by the board has failed, however, I would much rather they took these 6 months to identify the right man to lead us through the next three years than just rush and appoint someone to make some vocal fans happy.

It is a massive risk by the board, I feel Murty has been hung out to dry slightly after the Scottish Cup semi, and again after Sunday but I am sure in 10 years he will look back and say it was a massive learning curve for him as a coach.

Nobody forced him to take the job. Je decided he was ready then made his intentions for fulltime known

Yes he grabbed an opportunity but did he take the time to look past the benefits to himself to see the risk it would represent the club and fans? If he didnt its his fault. If he did and decided he could do it its his fault. You make a decision the consequences are your fault.

I don't agree with personal abuse but any respect I had for Murty has vanished.  I'm looking forward to the day he's away.

I think Gerrard will turn the job down and really hope the board have other candidates lined up.

When given the job until the end of the season, Murty literaly got spruced up, put the suit on and pretty much seemed to decide that this was an opportunity opposed to the very short-term stopgap he'd been before.

Prior to that, the warning signs were there in GM's reaction to defeat at Dundee. It was unusual and awkward watching him struggling to hold back tears. God knows what the players made of that.

The board apporinted Jimmy Nicholl in what I considered to be a smart move to bolster the man-management aspect of the coaching team as they went over to the States for a Winter trip. It certainly didn't do any harm when you look at how the next 2 to 3 months went. Happy players were scoring goals, winning football matches and making many think that Murty might actually be the answer. 

At that point Murty enjoyed the praise. He was a manager who in two games against Celtic hadn't been beaten but it was that opposition who would show how fragile the current set-up actually was.

It showed that our dressing room was splintered and Murty didn't have any control.

No leadership anywhere, just a collection of individuals doing their own thing, badly.

Murty isn't a person who should be immune to criticism but he is far from the only one and IMO he shouldn't have been given the extended gig in the first place. 

1 hour ago, trublusince1982 said:

Nobody forced him to take the job. Je decided he was ready then made his intentions for fulltime known

Yes he grabbed an opportunity but did he take the time to look past the benefits to himself to see the risk it would represent the club and fans? If he didnt its his fault. If he did and decided he could do it its his fault. You make a decision the consequences are your fault.

If you were offered the job of Rangers manager, would you turn it down?  If so, I'm sure you and McInnes have your reasons, but it's an opportunity that anyone would grasp.

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

If you were offered the job of Rangers manager, would you turn it down?  If so, I'm sure you and McInnes have your reasons, but it's an opportunity that anyone would grasp.

So take a job you know full well your not ready or able for. That putting ones self before the club. So if that puts me with Mccinnes then I'm in better company than those who milk us for their own gain

When this ends is anyone's guess, Gerrard is in Rome with BT sport, I have always thought his agent would be doing the negotiations anyway.

After Danny Murphy's quotes yesterday attributed to have come directly from his mate Gerrard, I think this alleged deal is as far away as it ever was.