Club confirm Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller suspended until further notice

This is the 4th Rangers manager in a row now where we've had rumours of squad discontent and leaks from the dressing room.  With the finger always looming around Kenny Miller's head. 

I thank him for his efforts on behalf of the Club. But he is clearly not a good influence on our dressing room. 

So be on your way Kenny and take Wallace with you.  We've had the same nonsense from him for past year as well and he is supposed to be our Captain! 

Remember the old adage....no smoke without fire.

Both Miller & Wallace's names have been linked to dressing room unrest on more than one occasion in recent times....and both allegedly suspended as a result before.  Murty showed faith in Miller the last time after PC left, the weekends events would appear to show Miller throwing that faith right back at the manager.

Rangers as a club have always promoted Respect as a key virtue, yet its apparent that some players don't respect the "chain of command" at the club.  Murty is the 1st team boss, so regardless of any players views on his ability etc, they MUST show him respect.  Failure to do that should result in disciplinary action, regardless of who the player is.

Over recent years, there have been a number of problems that have remained the same, no matter who was in charge, or who was playing.  To find out the cause of those problems, you need to identify the constants - The Board has changed, multiple managers, several squad "re-builds"....Miller & Wallace have remained.  I'm not saying that they alone are the root cause of every issue we are facing on the pitch, but they are a constant.

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller are professional football players and have seniority in the squad.

If either of them have problems with the manager then they have a responsibility to raise these problems is a constructive way.

You are free to say whatever you like to your father.

You've clearly not met my father.

The sanctity of the dressing room is surely the perfect place to raise problems. Also they're professional footballers, not robots, sometimes people speak in the heat of the moment, it's not the end of the world and can be dealt with later when everyone has calmed down. 

23 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Whispers (FF) say that words flung at Murty might have included those we reserve for the dark side in our songs et al. Which might have been too much in terms of respect.

Wallace played for hearts & miller played for hibs. Both of them were not Ranger supporters to begin with. its starting to sound  like scapegoating.

35 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

You've clearly not met my father.

The sanctity of the dressing room is surely the perfect place to raise problems. Also they're professional footballers, not robots, sometimes people speak in the heat of the moment, it's not the end of the world and can be dealt with later when everyone has calmed down. 

I'm sure Murty has experienced many a heated argument in the dressing room.  He's a seasoned pro afterall, and he's had some vocal team mates and coaches to deal with in his career.  I'd therefore suggest that this was above and beyond a 'normal' heated argument for him to respond in this way.  I really hope we never find out the detail of what happened.  It might be interesting for us, but it's more important that the club conducts this business privately.  I would expect we will hear a sanitised version of events at some point, but that's all.

Althouggh I've never heard anything about Wallace, this is the fourth time I've heard stories about Miller undermining his manager.  Unless someone is out to coordinate an attack on him over some years, it would appear there is a reasonable chance he's guilty of this again.  Boards of clubs need to start backing managers over players or anarchy sets in.  I don't think Murty should or will be the manager next season, but we need to clean up this issue for the incoming manager.  I don't think whoever it is will have wanted either of these players anyway.  I'd thank Wallace for his loyalty, but this is a disappointing end for him.  I hope it turns out that he was merely there as KM attacked the manager, because LW is someone I hoped we could respect even after his involvement with the club comes to an end.  We need respected heroes at the club, and don't have many, if any, these days.

37 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Whispers (FF) say that words flung at Murty might have included those we reserve for the dark side in our songs et al. Which might have been too much in terms of respect.

12 minutes ago, Dragosani said:

Wallace played for hearts & miller played for hibs. Both of them were not Ranger supporters to begin with. its starting to sound  like scapegoating.

@Dragosani Precisely. 

Just who would like to spread a rumour like that? :thinking: